by Katie Klohs
At Palmer Group, our employees are committed to your success everyday. Our staff is the best in the business and we’d love for you to get to know them. Each month we will be highlighting a face at Palmer Group. First up… Mr. Cody Franson!
1) Your name? Cody Franson
2) What is your title here at Palmer Group? Account Executive
3) What does that position entail? I match our clients’ needs with the proper candidates for the job. I also work to develop new clients and relationships within the banking and mortgage industry.
4) How long have you worked for Palmer Group? 4 years
5) What is your favorite thing about working for Palmer Group? The people. It sounds cliche because it’s our motto, but it’s true. The people here are like family and because of that, I am very passionate about my job and the company I work for.
6) What makes you unique from your competitors? I get to know my clients on a personal level and many have become more of a friend to me than they are a business partner. I think they would say the same about me.
7) Tell us about your family. I have been married to my wife Abbi for almost three years. We have a son Cooper, who is 16 months old.
8) Hawkeyes or Cyclones? Hawkeyes
9) Vanilla or Chocolate? Vanilla
10) MLB or NFL? NFL
11) Cubs or Cards? Cubbies. This is the year!
12) What is your favorite thing to do outside of work? Spend time with my family and friends. Going on new adventures and seeing my son experience new things is at the top of the list.
13) Biggest pet peeve? Bad grammar, especially written. There’s a big difference between their, there and they’re.
14) Favorite sport to play? Tennis
15) Favorite Des Moines area restaurant? Nick’s
16) Favorite vacation spot? Costa Rica
17) Favorite candy bar? Snickers
18) Favorite fair food? Cheese curds
19) Words of Wisdom to those looking for a new position? Do your homework. Know what you want, do as much research as you can about that position, and go for it. Be thorough – fine tune your resume to speak to the job you want and make sure it’s clear to the hiring manager why you are interested in the position.
20) Without using names, favorite success story at Palmer Group? My favorite success story is seeing one of our clients take a chance on one of our candidates with a completely unrelated background. We knew she was a great candidate, but she had a teaching background and nothing remotely related to banking. In a year’s time, she went from a temporary resource to hired on full-time in her processing role to a manager in the department. It is very rewarding knowing through the trust and relationships we have with our clients, we can encourage them to “take a chance” on someone and see great things unfold.
To learn more about Palmer Group, please contact our office at 515-225-7000 or log on to our website at www.thepalmergroup.com.